Today, becoming a YouTuber is a quickly emerging passion that has taken over the scene. Apart from having the talent and the inspiration to be on YouTube, you likewise also need an excellent camera to record high-quality videos for your channel.
And so, how do you choose the best camera for recording high-quality videos for your YouTube channel?
A normal 12MP Digital Camera, a point and shoot camera, a mirrorless camera or a high-end DSLR camera?
Below, we have reviewed the 5 Top Cameras used by YouTubers 2019. his in-depth guide will walk you through the good and the bad of all the mentioned cameras and will allow you to choose the camera best suited to your needs.
5 Top Cameras used by YouTubers 2019 – Quick Look
1. Panasonic Lumix FZ80
The Lumix FZ80 is the best entry-level 4K camera in this roundup. And this stems not solely due to the top of the line specs it offers, but also the price at which you can get it
The FZ80 is a revolutionary camera due to this very point. The number of features it comes packed with at an incredible price point is mind-blowing.
The FZ80 is a point and shoot camera that comes with an 18.1MP power OIS lens, helping you capture fleeting moments at up to 30 frames per second.
It comes with a 20mm wide-angle lens with 60x long zoom, which is by far the best zooming functionality we have encountered in any video camera at such a low price point.
- 3.0 inch Touchscreen LCD.
- 18MP Sensor resolution.
- LUMIX DFD Focusing system for better and accurate focus.
- 60x zooming capabilities.
- 1080p Video recording at 60 frames per second.
- 4K video recording at up to 30 frames per second.
- Ergonomic grip for better handling.
- Impressive Lowlight performance.
- 60x Optical zoom for capturing far moments.
- Ergonomic Grip and compact design.
- 4K video recording 30 frames per second and 1080p recording at 60 frames per second.
- 18.1MP Power O.I.S Lens.
- Dedicated button to turn on 4K video mode and 4K photo burst mode.
- Comes with a movie mode, so that you can get complete creative controls over filming.
- Comes with a fixed screen.
- Doesn’t perform well in low lighting conditions.
The FZ80 is an incredible value for money camera. The inclusion of 4K technology is an absolute steal at this entry-level price range, allowing you to record high-quality videos at an amazing frame per second rate. If you are just starting out with YouTube and do not want to blow a large amount of cash on a camera, then this your best bet.
2. Canon EOS 80D
Canon EOS 80D is the sequel to the EOS 70D and one of the best digital SLRs from Canon and also a favorite of some of the most popular YouTubers.
The camera comes at a great price point and offers all the excellent features that a camera should have.
The EOS 80D camera comes with a 45 points all-across Autofocus system, providing the best focus experience when working with focus area selection modes or optical viewfinder.
When it comes to the CMOS sensor, the EOS 80D comes in with a 24.2MP APS-C sensor, which can create high-resolution videos. It also comes with dual pixel CMOS autofocus, which helps in shooting videos with accurate and fast focus.
- High-speed continuous shooting up to 7 frames per second.
- Faster and better Digic 6 processor for better video quality and faster processing for zero lag experience.
- Up to ISO 25600for brilliant video recording, even in low light conditions.
- 45 Cross-type autofocus points.
- 1080p video recording at up to 60 frames per second.
- Built-in NFC and Wi-Fi for quick connectivity with mobile device and laptop for sharing content.
- Anti-Flicker technology provides consistent exposure in the case of flickering of surrounding lights.
- 45-point all cross-type AF system.
- 24.2MP (APS-C) CMOS sensor.
- Upgraded Dual CMOS Autofocus.
- 1080p FHD video recording at up to 60 frames per second.
- Inbuilt Wi-Fi and NFC for seamless sharing.
- Up to 7 frames per second capture in a high-speed continuous shot.
- No Cons.
Barring the Mark series, the EOS 80D is the finest camera for YouTube that Canon has to offer. The Autofocus especially makes it a great choice for YouTube and more so for Vlogging. This should come as no surprise since the EOS 80D is widely used by popular YouTubers and so we strongly recommend checking it out!
3. Canon EOS 1500D
The Canon EOS 1500D is yet another great offering from the Canon Rebel Series.
The price of this camera is set in the entry-level range, making it a great choice for you if you’re just starting out on YouTube and want to wait to invest in more expensive tools.
Now it may look a little weak, especially coming in right after the 70D and 80D respectively, but if you’re not going to be filming crazy action shots, then the Rebel T6 would work just fine and also cost you almost half the price of an EOS 80D.
A low price tag doesn’t necessarily mean outdated and limited features. Here’s a quick look at what the Rebel T6 has to offer.
- 3.0 inch 920K dot LCD with clear and vibrant colors.
- 18MP APS-C CMOS sensor along with DIGIC 4+ Image Processor which we got to see on the EOS T5.
- 9 Point Auto Focus with center cross-type.
- Capable of 1080p recording at up to 3 frames per second.
- Intelligent auto basic mode and some creative modes.
- Low price point.
- 18MP APS-C CMOS Sensor.
- Digic 4+ image processor for faster processing.
- Full 1080p HD recording at 3 frames per second.
- Intelligent and creative auto modes.
- No external microphone jack.
- Non-articulating display.
We’ll keep it short – this camera is a great, entry-level camera and comes bundled with everything you need for Vlogging or creating videos for YouTube. Super easy to use and a great camera to start learning on. Though the camera does not have an external microphone port, the inbuilt high volume microphone performs really well.
4. Canon G7 X Mark II
The Mark series has been known for offering some of the best professional cameras out there and the G7 X Mark II from the series is another camera widely used by some of the most popular YouTubers.
The G7 X Mark II comes with a 1.0 inch, 20.1MP CMOS sensor, along with a Digic 7 processor, which delivers at a lightning-fast speed and helps in processing amazing images even in low-light conditions.
The Canon G7X is a point and shoot camera that easily fits in the palm of your hand and still manages to showcase amazing features that are commonly associated with DSLR cameras.
- 1.0 inch, 20.1 Mega Pixel CMOS Sensor.
- Canon’s new and improved Digic 7 Image Processor.
- High-speed continuous shooting at up to 8 frames per second.
- 1080P Full HD video recording at 60 frames per second.
- Multi-angle 3.0 inch LCD screen.
- Seamless wireless connectivity to a mobile phone via Wi-Fi and NFC.
- Up to 8fps High-speed continuous shooting.
- 3.0-inch tilt-type touch panel LCD.
- Compact design that would easily fit in the palm.
- Camera Connect for remote shooting and monitoring.
- 1080P DHD recording at 60 frames per second.
- A battery that comes along only lasts for 3-4 hours on the continuous recording.
This is one powerful camera considering what you pay for it. If you are a fan of the Mark series, perhaps the 5D or 7D, but find them quite expensive, then the G7 X Mark II is your best bet. It provides stiff competition to the EOS 80D and yet sports a comparatively cheaper price tag making it a popular choice for several of the biggest YouTubers around.
5. Nikon D7200
Share your creative vision through your videos using this astounding camera from Nikon. Nikon D7200 is the brand’s first camera that comes with both leading wireless technologies i.e. Wi-Fi and NFC.
The Nikon D7200 provides solid competition to all of the cameras listed here, whether it is the Canon EOS 80D or the high-end Mark Series.
So, what other features make it such a special camera? Well, let’s find out in our review below. But before that, let’s have a look at the specifications.
- 51 Points Autofocus system.
- 24.2MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor.
- Expeed 4 processor for better and faster processing.
- Records FHD 1080p videos at 60 frames per second.
- Shooting capacity of up to 6 frames per second.
- Equipped with No Optical Low Pass Filter.
- Integrated Wi-Fi and NFC for Seamless sharing and Remote Control.
- Excellent Battery range of 5-6 hours.
- Equipped with No Optical low pass filter.
- 1080 FHD videos at 60 fps.
- Expeed 4 image processing & 24.2MP powerful DX-Format sensor.
- Comes with both NFC & Wi-Fi for wireless controlling and sharing.
- Non-articulating display.
The Nikon D7200 FX is an excellent camera for YouTube that can record FHD 1080p videos at 60 frames per second. It has some unique features added to it like the No optical pass filter and Expeed 4 image processor which makes processing much faster. We highly recommend this to anyone that can work this into their budget.